Monday 12 March 2012

Shadows on the body

Moving on from Taxidermy and looking at Anette Messanger, I have really became intrigued with the thought of shadow in what sense they can be used


“Death is a shadow that always follows the body”
-         Ezra pound


Many people believe that deceased relatives play like shadows on their lives, with the form of memories.
Some people live their lives in a way in which they feel their deceased relatives would have been proud of them and sometimes this can bring courage to live lives in memory of those deceased.


Memories are very intriguing and mesmorising to me as I find it amazing that even when some close has died, we can still see them and remember things that we've done with them and their personalities as though we saw them just yesterday. To know that they are still with us, not in body but spirit, really gives me and many others hope and truth of what I/they can do and achieve in my/their life.

This is something that I would like to complete and discover in new ways through an experiment by asking people their opinion and memories of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment