Monday 19 March 2012

Dear stranger

In Shizuka Yokomizo’s series of portraits called 'Dear Strangers', each photograph shows someone looking out of a window. The artist had never met any of these people before. She selected their addresses and then wrote an anonymous letter asking if the recipient would stand at a particular window, alone, with the room lights on, at a specific time of night so that she could photograph them from the street. The artist simply promised to be there waiting. If they did not wish to participate they could close the curtains.












I thought that this was a very unique project to create and was very much inspired my Yokomizo within both the letters I sent to people asking about their deceased relatives, http://ashleighsalevelexam.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/posting-to-strangers.html ,
as well as the letters I am about to send to my family relatives, asking what a funeral means to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment