Monday 19 March 2012

The last walk of the coffin

Taking influence from my earlier sandwich prints, I decided to go and take some photographs of flowers, graves and the church itself so that I could create sandwich prints outside of the darkroom. Almost creating a reverse sandwich print, much like that of a film to a photograph.
To create these sandwich prints I just overlapped two photographs of which are of different subject matter and then lowering the opacity tool, in photoshop, to create an almost transparent top layer of the photograph.


I wanted to show the feeling of flowers taking over the final moments of our lives with them being present at funeral, churches exteriors and interiors as well as the grave of the deceased itself. I decided to place the flower photograph on top of the under photo to create this almost suffocating feeling around the theme and presence of death.

Here are some other photographs, below, taken while completing this experiment;




No comments:

Post a Comment