Monday 12 March 2012

Posting to strangers

http://ashleighsalevelexam.blogspot.com/2012/02/death_27.html

As I explained before, I decided to send out letters to people down my road asking them for a pst experience between them and death and to send me either a photograph or object that belonged to the person/ pet.


                                                                                                            43 Jewell road
                                                                                                            Bournemouth
                                                                                                            Dorset
                                                                                                            BH8 0JL


Hi my name’s Ashleigh, I’m 17 years old.

            I go to St. Peters sixth form and I am currently studying A-level photography in which I am now in my exam stage of the course.

For my project I am looking at the topic of death and the reactions of which come from it. I have looked into many artists and photographers in which have influenced me for this project but now I am on my own and have to conjure my finished exam project.

            For this project I would like to get a group of people to tell me their experiences with death, whether it has been within the family, to yourself, as in you have been brought back to life or even a friend or family pet. 

What I am asking of you is that you write back to me telling me of your experience and it can even be a quote if you want. You don’t have to write your name or any contact details if you don’t want to but you can if you would like.

With this reply I would also like you to copy or send me a photograph of the person or pet with whom you are speaking of so that I can use this within my project also to add a more personal touch and remembrance to the person/ pet.

If you could do this as soon as possible then it would be much appreciated and I would be very thankful for your help.

Your contact details, if given, WILL NOT be given to anyone else!!!

Once again, many thanks

Ashleigh

P.S. my address is situated at the top of this letter.

I wanted the letter to be quite informal but tell the people all the information they needed in order to help them complete the task asked of them. I also had to be quite cautious with what I said within the letter as the topic of death can be quite a sensitive subject and I didn't know how the people would respond.
Thankfully I was contacted by 3 people who all had a different sense of loss within their past experiences as well as being given a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment